Sunday, May 23, 2010

Surviving The Hook

Yesterday we went fishing! It was really cool. We saw a water snake and a couple turtles. I was kind of discouraged though. I had spent two hours with a nice Zebco 202 and caught nothing. We have two fishing rods that are my brothers, so we switched around. Zane got tired of waiting for a turn and he and Grandpa made a fishing rod out of a stick attached to some fishing line, a bobber, and a hook with a worm on it. Now, it couldn't go far, but you could drop it right near the dock, and if I were a fish, that's where I would be on such a hot day. Eventually I switched with Henry (who was in possession of the homeade rod at that moment) and got the stick. God sure has a sense of humor. Within in five minutes I had caught two fish. Here is the story of the catch, (copied from Marina's idea) from his point of view...

There I was, under the dock out of the hot sunshine, when suddenly I saw a worm, dangling in the water. He looked as if he had been cut in half, and was passing out. I had to help him. Worms are nice, once I actually had met a very nice one named Fred, but that is another story. I quickly began performing first aid, but suddenly, something jabbed through my mouth, and I couldn't leave! Then I was yanked out of the water! (Which, as you could certainly imagine, hurt my poor cheek even more.) AHH!!!!! I gasped for breath! A giant freakish fish with no fins and HAIR was staring at me! "Look Papa!", she cried, "I caught a fish!" Yes, obviously! Now could she get me out of this thing? Suddenly another smaller, freakish fish stared at me."Aw, he is so cute!" he said, and began petting me! It was digusting! Then the girl fish smiled and held me up. A giant flashing explosion went off! I screamed. "I got the picture", said yet another fish. He quickly unhooked me(oh, pain,pain,pain!!) and threw me into the watery depths. The boy fish threw a worm too, which I quickly ate(No more worm rescueing for me!)and swam off. I was told later that I had survived the HOOK!

No comments: