Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Patient, a Doctor, and One Funny Story

Well, there isn't really much to post about, but I didn't want to leave my loyal blog followers hanging.And then I thought, why not post some normal day to day stuff? I rarely do it, and that is what blogs are for, correct? So here it is, whether you like it or not, my day to day life...

Yesterday in Science my teacher told us we were going to become doctors and dissect some patients.(We were learning about microsurgery) We would have to remove certain body parts. The thing is, she didn't tell us what they were. Now the girls (not gender wise girls, personality-wise gils) started freaking out, saying they were going to be sick. I am not going to sugar-coat it,I was a little worried about the delicious lunch I packed now probably going to waste, but who doesn't want to dissect things? ( most of the girls in my class, but they would get over it)So my teacher makes us disenfect the tables,scrub up to our elbows, and put on gloves and a surgical mask. She is still not telling what we are operating on, though I'm half-hoping for frogs. Then, she finally hands out the unsuspecting little fruit patients. Yep, I said FRUIT. We were going to dissect oranges and lemons. My teacher had asked for animals, but the school said we weren't ready. Major bummer. We then began the normal (not micro) surgery. My teacher told us to slice the patients in half. Luke, (who is probably going to be one of the only doctors in our entire class) made a careful slice down the "chest" of his patient, not completely slicing him in two, and began carefully removing seeds. I, on the other hand...

Well, let's just say I am definitly not going to consider a career in the medical buisness. I sliced my patient completely in half, which would have definitly killed him, much more than the "cancerous" seeds I was to remove. I then began mulitating the patient loking for seeds. Let's just say I think his "cancer" was a mis-diagnosis. The little bugger had abolutely no seeds. I finally found one, and let's just say by then, he wasn't going to recover.I couldn't even get him stiched up.

Now, moving on to the microsugery. This time I vowed to be civilized. Yeah right. I was suppsed to poke a small hole in Mr. Orange, then fish around for some seeds. Yeah, he must have had a seedless body because trust me, I did a lot more than fish around in there. I think I stabbed his heart through.

So my medical career was a bust. Maybe I'll consider a new job. Only it better be far away from my science classroom, because I think the relatives of my patients might sue me for their babies indefinite hospital stay. Those patients did make great orange/lemon juice though.

(Oh, and Mrs. McEwen, if your'e reading this, can I get extra credit?)

No comments: